Automotive Technician Program
The program is a partnership between the New Community Workforce Development Center and Ford Motor Company. The program is designed to prepare students for entry level positions in the automotive repair industry. The program is an innovative blend of practical hands-on training and automotive theory. Based at the 12,000 square foot facility located at 210 West Bigelow Street, students have the benefit of highly trained staff and state of the art equipment. Upon completion of the 1200 hour program, students are awarded the nationally recognized Ford Motor Company Maintenance & Light Repair Certification. Graduates have been hired by automobile dealerships, auto service centers and public transportation providers.
973-824-6484 or 973-639-5600
The 12,000-square-foot building contains:
- A full-service garage
- Contemporary equipment and tools
- A newly-built classroom outfitted with the latest technology and a computer lab
- A Life Skills component is included to help students succeed in the workplace.
Tuition, Books & Fees $7,500
All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
Students can be admitted with one of the following:
- High School Diploma
- G.E.D. (General Education Development Certificate)
- Applicants must score 5.9 on the Test of Adult Basic Education or show the Ability to Benefit from the program
Gainful Employment Program Disclosure: Automotive Technician
New Community Mission
To help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.