Mission and Vision
To help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
New Community Is Recognized As
* One of the largest and most comprehensive community development (CDC) organizations in the United States.
* A large-scale deliverer of comprehensive programs and services.
* A leader in affordable housing and economic development.
* A model among non-profit, social entrepreneurship, and CDC communities.
* Having beneficial partnerships on the local, national, and global level.
As one of the largest and most comprehensive community development corporations in the United States, New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, training, childcare and economic development. It runs for-profit businesses, a community newspaper, arts programs and a federally-insured credit union. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than 20 countries in recent years.
NCC fits into the bigger universe of 1.6 million American non-profits and 4,000 CDCs, which have a total annual revenue of $621.4 billion and employ 10.2 percent of the total labor force. The CDC movement, which like New Community, is 45 years old, has been a major force in the redevelopment and rebuilding of inner city neighborhoods. The CDC movement has succeeded in developing low-income areas where government has failed.