Automotive Technician Program
Automotive Technician Training Program
Automotive Training Center
210 West Bigelow Street, Newark, NJ 07108
Rodney Brutton, Director of New Community Career and Technical Institute
The Automotive Technician and Diesel Technician Employment and Training Program is a partnership between New Community Career and Technical Institute and Ford Motor Company. Upon completion of the 1,200-hour program, trainees are awarded the nationally recognized Ford Motor Company Maintenance and Light Repair Certification.
Graduates are prepared for jobs in the automotive repair industry and have been hired by automobile dealerships and auto service centers for all different brands of vehicles and public transportation providers.
Program and Facility Details:
* Prepare job seekers for positions in the automotive repair industry.
* Students learn about all types of vehicles
* Students engage in practical hands-on training and and learn automotive theory
* Based at a 12,000-square-foot facility
* Newly-built classroom outfitted with the latest technology and a computer lab
* State-of-the-art equipment and tools
* Highly qualified and caring instructors
* Access to additional support services offered by New Community Corporation
* Life skills component is included to help students succeed in the workplace.
* All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Have a valid N.J. driver’s license
* Provide proof of citizenship
New Community Career and Technical Institute’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all students through education and occupational training in a community that fosters life-long learning.