Automotive Technician Program
Automotive Technician Training Program
Automotive Training Center
210 West Bigelow Street
Newark, NJ 07108
Rodney Brutton, Director of Workforce Development
The Automotive Technician Employment and Training Program is a partnership between the New Community Workforce Development Center and Ford Motor Company. The program is designed to prepare job seekers for entry level positions in the automotive repair industry. The program is an innovative blend of practical hands-on training and automotive theory. Based at the 12,000-square-foot facility located at 210 West Bigelow St., trainees have the benefit of highly trained staff and state-of-the-art equipment.
Upon completion of the 1,200-hour program, trainees are awarded the nationally recognized Ford Motor Company Maintenance and Light Repair Certification. Graduates have been hired by automobile dealerships, auto service centers and public transportation providers.
The 12,000-square-foot Automotive Training Center includes:
* Full-service garage
* Contemporary equipment and tools
* Newly-built classroom outfitted with the latest technology and a computer lab
* Life skills component is included to help students succeed in the workplace
* All students must be at least 18 years of age on or before the first day of class
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Have a valid N.J. driver’s license
* Provide proof of citizenship
New Community Workforce Development Center’s mission is to improve the quality of life of all students through education and occupational training in a community that fosters life-long learning.