Maternity Group Home
Harmony House Maternity Group Home
Harmony House has successfully relocated 90 percent of youth into permanent housing, and 100 percent of all youth has moved on to secondary education and employment. The goal of the program is to:
- Provide safe, stable, supervised living accommodations to homeless young people that will enable them to participate in program activities with long-term beneficial results, and that will reduce or eliminate the risk of their involvement in self-destructive or antisocial activity.
- Develop the skills, attitudes and personal characteristics that will enable homeless youth to live independent, productive lives with reduced subsequent dependence on social services or involvement in the judicial or correctional system.
- Reduce the incidence of substance abuse among homeless youth through education, counseling and treatment and through involvement in constructive, purposeful activities that raise self-esteem, develop leadership skills and encourage community involvement.
- Improve the health and well being of homeless youth through providing referrals and access to physical and mental health care and through providing education and information regarding personal health maintenance.
- Provide homeless youth with the skills, resources and referrals to prepare for, obtain and keep employment.