Family Resource Center
131-185 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ
Download Resource Guide
The NCC Family Resource Center takes a holistic approach to services by linking those who seek assistance with resources and information that will empower them to improve the quality of thier lives.
The Center serves as a centralized resource and referral source for all services offered by New Community Corporation. In addition, the center also acts as a resource for information and services offered by local, state and federal governmental and private entities.
The Center makes referrals and also host external service providers who make presentations on subjects such as financial literacy, budgeting, banking, food stamps, health care, employment, energy conservation, rental assistance, homeless services, inpatient substance abuse services, prescription assistance etc.
Did You Know…?
- NCC touches close to 50,000 people daily.
- NCC’s newest housing development, Roseville Commons, is now open, providing 50-units of housing in Newark’s West Ward in a building equipped with green technology, including rooftop solar panels?
- NCC was founded in 1968 and is celebrating its 43rd anniversary this year
- NCC’s newest development at Roseville Commons will provide contemporary affordable housing with over 50 units of green housing as certified by LEED
- NCC employs about 600 workers
- NCC’s LPN graduates increase their salaries 268% truly providing economic self-sufficiency for graduates and their families
- NCC pays more than $18 million a year in federal, state & local taxes.
- NCC’s Hispanic Development Corp. served more than 7,000 people in 2010
- NCC’s schools and youth programs serve more than 2,000 Newark children.
- NCC operates more than 2,600 units of housing
- NCC health care services reach 4,000 people every year.
- NCC literacy programs served over 2,400 individuals last year
- NCC volunteers contribute 400,000 hours a year of their time & services.
New Community Mission: To help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.