Family Service Bureau of Newark
The Mission of FSB is to preserve, support, strengthen and enrich family life through prevention, intervention and community education programs. that assist families, children and individuals to realize their full potential.
Board of Trustees
- 274 South Orange Ave., Newark, NJ 07103 ~ 973-412-2056
- 391 Kearny Ave., Kearny NJ 07032 ~ 201-246-8077
Services for Individuals and Families
We offer comprehensive services to youth, families and individuals who live and work in Essex and West Hudson Counties. Family Service Bureau is staffed by culturally diverse clinicians and other mental health professionals.
Newark New Start – Boarder Baby Prevention program.
Shelter in Storm is - Counseling for Clergy & their family
Behavioral Health Counseling
Family Service Counseling offers individual, couple, family and group therapy to assist clients with a myriad of problems.
- Fatherhood Group – Evidenced based 13 weeks Fatherhood group for men working on reunification with their children or seeking to enhance parenting skills.
- Teen mother’s Group – Evidenced based 13 week group for young mothers to address developmental needs of the child and themselves.
- Parenting Group - 8 week group for parents working on regaining the custody of their children from DYFS.
Substance Abuse Services
The Gateway to Freedom Substance Abuse Program offers 3 levels of care: Intensive Outpatient, Outpatient and Aftercare services.
Juvenile Crisis Intervention Unit
Our crisis intervention unit resolves problems through counseling to address behavioral problems, family disputes, runaways and truancy, and other similar problems.
Community Crisis Intervention
Trained staff are available to go on location to respond to a crisis, helping community members return to their pre-crisis functioning.
Community Based Child Welfare
Family Outreach Workers provide support, advocacy and counseling to promote healthy families.
Anger Management Courses
FSB offers a 6-week anger program and workshops with topics that include, identifying anger, managing anger for better relationships, stress management, communication skills and conflict resolution.
Employee Assistance Program
Assessments and short-term counseling are provided to employees and their families who may be experiencing stress in their personal or work lives.
Seminars about relationship skills such as conflict resolution, problem solving, communication in addition to Stress Management, Recognizing Depression and/or Anxiety, and many others
Extensive Services for Victims of Crime
Victims of a personal traumatic events receive extensive support from our staff or counselors and certified clinicians. Services include;
- Discovering choices for well-being
- Creating healthier decisions in your relationship
- Coping Skills
- Effective Communication
- Designing safety at home for yourself and your children
- Self-care counseling and programs
Our Mission ~ To help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.