Where to Start at New Community
The NCC Family Resource Center takes a holistic approach to services by linking those who seek assistance with resources and information that will empower them to improve the quality of there lives.
The Center serves as a centralized resource of information and referral source for all services offered by New Community Corporation. Also, The Center acts as a resource for information for services offered by local, state and federal governmental and private entities.
The Center makes referrals and also host external service providers who make presentations on subjects such financial literacy, budgeting, banking, food stamps, health care, employment, energy conservation, rental assistance, homeless services, inpatient substance abuse services, prescription assistance etc.
Did You Know…?
- NCC’s newest development at Roseville Commons will provide contemporary affordable housing with over 50 units of green housing as certified by LEEP
- NCC was founded in 1968 and will celebrate its 43rd anniversary this year
- NCC is a major Newark employer, with more than 1,000 employees.
- NCC’s LPN graduates increase their salaries 268% truly providing economic self-sufficiency for graduates and their families
- NCC pays more than $18 million a year in federal, state & local taxes.
- NCC’s Hispanic Development Corp. served 7,176 people in 2008.
- NCC’s schools and youth programs serve more than 2,000 Newark children.
- NCC operates 3,000 units of housing with 7,000 residents.
- NCC health care services reach 4,000 people every year.
- NCC literacy programs served 1,637 people last year.
- NCC volunteers contribute 400,000 hours a year of their time & services.
- St. Rose of Lima School marked 116 years of academic excellence in 2007.
- NCC’s Hispanic Development Corp. helped 404 people become American citizens in 2007.
- NCC touches the lives of 50,000 people daily.
New Community Mission
To help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement. Under One Roof